<Home CLICK TO SEE:
Backstage> Theater Company Manager> Box Office Positions> Production Interns> Theater Ushers>
|BOX OFFICE CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATES
- Available Positions: Box Office Manager and Box Office Associates
- Position Status: Full time seasonal positions
- Dates: Spring to Early September
- Salary: Box Office Associates begin at $8 per hour commensurate with experience
- 1- 2 years experience handling money in a retail situation, customer service experience, good math & problem-solving skills
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills both on phone and in person; effective interpersonal skill
- Very competent in computers - MS Excel, Word, Outlook, ability to pick up additional programs easily, data entry experience
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
- Ability to start and finish matters regularly, with an ability to always meet deadlines
- Ability to follow instructions – both verbal and written
- Ability to function with discretion, to be reliable, punctual, and flexible on a daily basis
- Major Duties: General and customer telephone calls, order taking, order entry, follow-ups, reports, filing, mailing, faxing, etc. General daily administrative duties. Provide excellent service to all Cape Playhouse theater guests; cheerfully and helpfully sell tickets; answer patron questions; provide accurate accounting of all ticket transactions; bookkeeping of nightly reports. Must be flexible and handle situations as they arise. Must have good attention to detail. Must be very good with people. Other tasks as assigned.
- To Apply: Letter of interest & resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Cape Playhouse, PO Box 2001, Dennis, MA 02638
Typical job duties of a Theater Company Manager, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate housing, transportation and hospitality and paperwork for a professional company over a 12 week summer season of shows.
- Assist Artistic Director in artistic aspects of position.
- Assist Executive Managing Director in administrative aspects of the position.
Requirements: Strong commitment to the mission of the theatre in service to task, colleagues, company and community, excellent communication skills, excellent Excel, Word and computer skills, ability to listen and follow direction while also being independent and proactive. Previous experience in this position is a plus.
Housing can be provided. Valid driver's license required - a vehicle is a plus. Applicants must be 18+ years of age.
Send a letter of interest, resume, and three current references to email@example.com, or mail to Cape Playhouse, PO Box 2001, Dennis, MA 02638.
Job Dates: Contact:
Late May to Early September Cape Playhouse Personnel - Backstage P O Box 2001, Dennis, MA 02638
- Job Statement: All aspects of backstage tasks. Production Interns will be immersed in all aspect of the backstage experience including production, stage management, costume design, set design, lighting, and sound. The interns will have the opportunity to participate in a myriad of activities associated with the functioning of the artistic departments of a professional theatre.
- Dates: May/June thru September
- Salary: no salary - $320/weekly stipend
- Reports to: Stage Manager/Production Manager
- Qualifications: Must have some backstage theater experience. Must be over 18 years old. Prospective interns must show evidence of housing on Cape Cod before applying.
- Major Duties: The Cape Cod Center for the Arts sponsors a professional theatre internship program with the Cape Playhouse that offers the opportunity for on-the-job training in a theatre related job at this prestigious theater.
- Please note: The internship program is not a degree program. Those interns seeking academic credit for their participation in the Internship Program must do so through their sponsoring institution. However, The Cape Cod Center for the Arts will provide an evaluation of the Intern's work and participation in the program to their sponsoring institution, if required.
- To Apply:
Send a current resume including educational experience and a letter of interest – a personal statement of at least 200 words describing the candidate's expectations of the Internship Program and how it relates to his/her individual career goals to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Cape Playhouse, PO Box 2001, Dennis, MA 02638.
- Job Statement: Welcome, seat and assist patrons, work concessions, light cleaning of theater, assist with parking
- Position Status: Full and part time seasonal positions
- Dates: Mid-June thru Early September
- Reports to: House Manager
- Qualifications: Must learn layout of theater and grounds, event times and program information. Must learn and abide by Rules of Conduct. Must have good customer service skills, interest in theater.
- Major Duties: Seat Patrons. Answer questions. Check tickets. Control area. Take tickets. Monitor audience flow. Clear aisles before show. Collect cushions. Assist with buses. Work concessions as assigned. Light cleaning of theater. General duties as assigned. All employees are required to assist other departments when necessary and as directed by their supervisor. Employees are expected to respond to a wide range of customer service issues with sensitivity and care.
PLEASE NOTE: We prefer a letter of interest and a resume to be mailed for all applicants.
If a resume is not possible, use an application form, but be sure to also include a letter.