The Cape Playhouse is currently seeking the following positions:
Box Office Manager
Duties will include but are not limited to opening and closing the box office, customer service, supervising staff, selling tickets, preparing will-call, mailing lists, sales and marketing reports, phone inquiries, cash handling, daily reconciliation, staff tracking, business and finance tracking, preparing events, handling mail order subscriptions, inventory control, and assisting management with various related tasks. The applicant will be confident, self-motivated and able to handle a fast-paced working environment while maintaining a positive attitude. Previous box office and OvationTix experience a plus. Must have a minimum of one-two years customer service, cash and credit handling skills, computer and typing skills, previous box office or theatre experience, proven competency in Microsoft Office. This is a non-benefited, seasonal position (April –Sept) in Dennis, MA.
Box Office Associate
The Cape Playhouse in Dennis MA-the oldest professional summer theater in America, founded in 1927- is seeking qualified persons to work in the box office during daytime and performance hours.
Duties will include but are not limited, customer service, selling tickets, phone inquiries, and cash handling. The applicant will be confident, self-motivated and able to handle a fast-paced working environment while maintaining a positive attitude. Previous box office and OvationTix experience a plus. Must have cash and credit handling skills, computer and typing skills. This is a non-benefited, seasonal position (April –Sept).
Part Time Concessions Staff
Part-time customer service representatives needed for work in the concessions stand. Must have basic computer skills and the ability to work at least 3 shifts per week. The schedule is flexible… afternoons and evenings, Mondays through Saturdays. June through September.
Assistant House Manager
The Assistant House Manager will assist the House Manager, filling in for the House Manager when needed, assisting in the Concessions Stand when needed, and House Manage the last three weeks of the season. The position would require flexible hours, but is primarily part time. Computer, problem solving, and customer service skills are a must. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
Buildings and Grounds
The Cape Playhouse in Dennis, MA is currently seeking to fill a seasonal, part-time buildings and grounds/maintenance position. Dates are May 1 – September 9th, 2018 with the possibility of an extension into the winter months. Responsibilities include routine maintenance associated with 90 year old facilities. This includes performing interior and exterior cosmetic repairs that may include basic painting, dry wall patching/install/repair, and other necessary repairs to maintain a high level of functionality and professional appearance; responsibility for the building’s preventive and predicative maintenance that may include basic plumbing, electrical, and HVAC maintenance, engaging in ground maintenance activities to ensure parking lots and exterior surroundings are accessible and safe, responsibility for maintenance and watering of gardens; maintaining a professional appearance at all times; responsibility for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owed by the Playhouse; ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all building occupants, management and coworkers while working in a team environment; must be available to work weekends and holidays in emergency situations as needed.
The historic Cape Playhouse in Dennis, MA is currently seeking a part-time Development Director to join our staff. The Development Director is responsible for designing, implementing and managing all fundraising activities, including but not limited to annual giving, raising matching funds, special events, Board fundraising initiatives, and any other special solicitations.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Board of Trustees, and other top leaders to drive organizational expansion and long-range funding strategies.
- Develops and executes all strategies and activities related to donor cultivation, solicitation, relations and challenge grants.
- Analyzes and improves individual giving program, aimed at building donor base and cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Cultivates and maintains corporate, foundation, government and individual donors.
- Plans, budgets, and executes spring and fall fundraising campaigns; one major
- annual fundraising event; and smaller special events and receptions.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to identify and cultivate donors, and build strategic philanthropic partnerships.
- Work to increase donor commitment and campaign participation through regular and sophisticated communication.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date development files, records and systems for donors, prospects and giving history.
- Prepare regular development reports.
- Provide methodologies, resources and tools for the Board members’ fundraising efforts.
- Theatre, arts, or non-profit background.
- At least three years’ experience in fundraising/development.
- A successful track record of identifying, cultivating and soliciting individual donors and corporations.
- A track record in organizing and implementing annual gifts and special events.
- Excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and comfortable in a small, fast-paced, team-orientated work environment.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Computer literacy – Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, social media platforms and data base management (CRM).
- A professional, articulate, enthusiastic and informed ambassador of the Cape Playhouse.
To apply: please send resume and cover letter with “Development Director” in the subject line to email@example.com.
To apply: please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or c/o Ms. Kathy Rochefort, The Cape Playhouse, PO Box 2001, Dennis, MA. 02638.